Sunday, May 21, 2023

Slow Sunday Stitching - May 21, 2023

What a great vacation this was!   I feel so rested and ready to work on my big annual project that is due in July.  With my boss out on maternity leave, I'll be heading up the project, which is a big responsibility, but I'm confident in my team.

There was gardening and housework, of course, but also quite a bit of stitching.   I did meet my goal to finish up "My Day Complete" (see the finished post here).   It's actually off to the framers already!

I also put in around 500 stitches into the Sugar Skull on Thursday and Friday.   As promised, here's where I am on it - starting to work on the left cheek and upper jaw.

on my phone, the fabric is correctly pale blue!

I was going to see if I could finish up the last of the Victoria Sampler quilt blocks before my vacation ended, but when I pulled it out, I realized that there was a flaw in the linen, a huge discolored area.   I don't know if it was from manufacturing, or from being stored for a long time, or happened when I pressed it?   At any rate, washing did not help, not even with a gentle scrub.   So I ordered a replacement piece of white Lugana fabric from 123Stitch.  Should be here on Monday or Tuesday.

So starting on Saturday, I'm back to working on the crewel piece "Majestic Eagle".  I have a bit over four hours to finish the slot on it for this round.   Picture some time this coming week with the changeover post.

Linking up on with the SSS crew (current round up).


5 comments:

  1. The sugar skull is looking more interesting with the colours being added! Good luck with your big project at work. Gail at the Cozy Quilter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sugar skull is looking lovely. Glad your vacation was wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work on the Sugar Skull.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the latest colors on the Sugar Skull. How awful that your fabric is stained. I am glad you are refreshed from your week off.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sugar skull looks great!

    ReplyDelete

I am moderating comments due to getting some really nasty spam comments lately. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for stopping by.