Sunday, May 28, 2023

Slow Sunday Stitching - May 28, 2023

Wow, this week went fast!   Work's been heating up for the end of the month stuff.  With the three day weekend and the first of the month falling mid week, next week will be even more frantic.  The US celebrates Memorial Day - the equivalent of Remembrance Day - on Monday, which is a time to remember our fallen service personnel.   

It's also Ascension Day today.  Since my church is named "Grace", we don't have a patron saint for the parish.  So we celebrate on the day that the greater church received the 'grace of the Spirit'.  There's a picnic today and just one service, and of course bells are playing.  Wish me luck - one of the pieces we have not had a chance to practice with the choir that we will be accompanying until this morning!

On the crafting front, I finished the ten hours on the crewel Eagle (changeover post here).  And I started in on the last of the Victoria Sampler ornament/quilt blocks. 

This one doesn't have any cutwork, despite the Kloster blocks in progress.   It's teaching how to set up the blocks.  Even though I'm no novice with Hardanger, I did learn a couple of tricks about how the 'path' that is stitched can be planned for maximum stability of the future cutwork.  It's going so fast that I should have it finished by the time the long weekend is over.  ETA:  Finished post here!

Linking up with the SSS crew (current roundup here).

3 comments:

  1. You do beautiful work! Hope your bells ring well! Gail at the Cozy quilter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cutwork is beautiful! It seems to me that all my weeks hurtle by; I have no idea where they vanish. Enjoy your picnic. Bells ringing, singing in the choir. It all sounds quite wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this, and I went back to check out the eagle too. You are a very talented needlesorker indeed!

    ReplyDelete

I am moderating comments due to getting some really nasty spam comments lately. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for stopping by.