Thursday, June 1, 2023

FINISHED NEEDLEWORK: "BCS #5-1" by Victoria Sampler

 The last of the Victoria Sampler ornaments turned quilt blocks is complete!   This is number 9 of 9, and teaches how to set up kloster blocks for Hardanger cutwork, but does not include any cutting.   There are also Algerian Eyelets and Lazy Daisy leaves with backstitch stems. 

All nine of these ornaments will become blocks for a wall quilt eventually.  For the moment they will be going into the 'under the bed box' to await their turn in the quilt queue.   There are several projects ahead of them, unfortunately.   But I will get to them once I have found the right sashing and border fabric.  I may be at UFO zero on knitting and needlework, but with quilts it's an entirely different case - there are a dozen started quilts at least.   I'm hoping that retirement next year will give me time to work on them.  But for now let's talk about the next project up in the rotation:

Back a couple of years ago when I introduced  the KC Plaza Sewing Bag and gave the history, I debated where to put it in the rotation.  It could have fit into the Historic slot since the overall design is taken from a vintage 1930s sewing bag.   But I had Dutch Beauty in that slot, so I stuck it in the Pictorial slot since I'd just finished Teresa Wentzler's "Millennium" and I wasn't quite ready to commit to another big picture piece at that point.  Well, I now have a full coverage pictorial going with the "Sugar Skull", and a new historic inspired project ready to go in the frame - a new BBD Loose Feathers kit that I'll introduce soon.

To complicate things, in general smalls and ornaments are done as part of the modern slot.   And despite the size of the project, the sewing bag IS the final piece of the KC Historic Sampler Guild smalls.

All of this is just a long winded way to say that I'm moving this project into the modern / smalls slot for the rest of its duration as a WIP starting with ten additional hours in the modern slot in this rotation.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I am moderating comments due to getting some really nasty spam comments lately. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for stopping by.