Sunday, June 4, 2023

Slow Sunday Stitching - June 4, 2023

First of the month, so work is crazy as usual, but I did get a few things finished.   

The last of the Victoria Sampler ornament quilt blocks is done.   Finished post is here.

And I hit the next milestone on the Sugar Skull - both sides of the cheek and upper jaw are finished.  The more colors I get into it, the better I like it!  There's quite a bit of stitching to the next check point which will be the rest of the upper jaw and the nose area.  In May I put in 2,221 stitches, which brought the project total to 10,624.  Right at 55 hours.

So tempted to keep going on this one, but I am trying hard to stick with the rotation and that means I need to finish ten hours on the KC Plaza Sewing Bag, so when I get back from church, that will be coming out.

Oh, and I picked up "My Day Complete" from the framers (The Frame Warehouse, Topeka KS).   I love the chunky prim frame they chose.

There's a bit of a flash spot under the bird's feet.  Not a photographer!

Linking up with the Slow Sunday Crew for inspiration and encouragement. (Current round up here.)


4 comments:

  1. That’s the perfect frame for that cross stitch picture. I can’t believe how many stitches are in your sugar skull! Enjoy your stitching today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely finish, and sugar skull is coming along nicely

    ReplyDelete
  3. The frame is perfect for your lovely "My Day Complete" cross stitch. Sugar Skull is looking fabulous with each new colour component.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've made a whole lot of progress on the sugar skull. It gets more interesting with each update. I love the frame on My Day Complete.

    ReplyDelete

I am moderating comments due to getting some really nasty spam comments lately. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for stopping by.