Sunday, June 25, 2023

Slow Sunday Stitching - June 25, 2023

Sorry for skipping out on last week's Slow Sunday Stitching round up.   I had zero progress on anything to report!   

I'm having a bit of a rough patch - work is crazy, of course, with my boss out on maternity leave (healthy baby was born on the 13th) and the garden is taking most of my after work attention right now.    So the usual summer slow down in crafting is hitting a bit earlier than some years.  It doesn't help that I jammed the thumb on my left (non dominate) hand so it hurts to 'pinch' anything - like a sewing or knitting needle!!!

But LOOK

Is that the borders of the Patchwork of the Crosses Table Topper that I see?   Yes!   After almost exactly a year since I finished the center, I finally have gotten energized on this project again.   Now I have to figure out how wide the solid black inner border needs to be, get the borders assembled and the corners mitered and then applique down the EPP center onto the borders.   

I've laid it out on the table that it's being made for and I think somewhere between six and eight inches for the inner border will give me the size I need.   Since there's a drop over the edge of the table, I'm a bit worried that the corners will not drape well.   Definitely using the thinnest batting I can find for this, maybe flannel or even no batting at all, just the front and back cotton layers.   That's what Lucy Boston did in her patchworks - they are actually not true quilts because they have no batting and no quilting or even tying.   

Decisions, decisions - but at least we are underway again.  

Hopefully I'll have some needlework to show next week; linking up with the SSS crew.


4 comments:

  1. Good for you to get back at it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marvellous progress on the crosses! Sometimes the decision making place is where my UFOs slip into the closet, never to be seen again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about the jammed thumb. Glad to see this pretty project again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The border fabric for Lucy is so pretty! It's exciting to see progress and I can't wait to se the finish, happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete

I am moderating comments due to getting some really nasty spam comments lately. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for stopping by.