Sunday, April 21, 2024

OCTtoOCTSAL - April 2024 Section

I was a little slow getting started on the April section of the Jardin Privet Birdhouses SAL  But I got there in the end. 

This month there's a large "sampler house" birdhouse, a rather cartoon style duck and little brown wren perched on the picket.   I watched a flosstube by Colette (@highwaystitcher) and she really didn't like the duck.  She replaced him with a copy of another bird from somewhere else in the piece (Colette's flosstubes 115 and 116 talk about her struggles with the duck).  He actually rather grew on me as I worked this section.   Some of the birds are realistic (though very stylized), but some are whimsical.   And I'm OK with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am moderating comments due to getting some really nasty spam comments lately. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for stopping by.