Sunday, April 28, 2024

Slow Sunday Stitching - April 28, 2024

The stitching mojo has roared back with a vengeance.  As a consequence, there's a new start in the Historic slot of my needlework rotation:  "Keepsake" by Blackbird Designs.  It's Loose Feathers #33.  I got this as a kit in the original Old Mill Stitchery release in 2008.   I'm using the kit floss, Belle Soie by CC, but have swapped out the 30 count linen provided in the kit with 40 count "Tycho" by PTP in order to reduce the size of the piece from a 7 inch square box topper to a (aprox) 5x5 inch/13 x 13 cm pillow.

I got the fabric set up on the scroll rods and the base of the basket started yesterday.  My goal is to get to the center of the basket before I need to switch projects to work on the SAL on the first. 

That cranberry silk is so lush in both color and texture.  It's been a while since I have had the opportunity to stitch with silk and I do love the way it works up.

May I also point out that this start gets me down to 100 kitted projects! (plus 6 partially kitted)

That's a significant milestone since I know of several flosstubers that have that many WiPs (let alone what is in their stash)!  Is it time to buy more needlework stash?   Absolutely NOT.  There are some big projects on that list!  And I still love all of them and want to stitch and finish them.  

Linking up with the SSS crew (this week's roundup), who keep me accountable (and occasionally enable me).


4 comments:

  1. Wow, now I feel better. A number of years ago I had 88 kitted and on the go projects. It is down to 26 and many other projects also got added and finished in between them. Your stitching looks amazing and silk is a pleasure to work with!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have 6 started needleworks (counting this one) and a sweater currently active. I try to keep my 'started/Works In Progress' number pretty low. I don't count 'kitted' items until I put the first stitch in, but I do keep them logged on the 'stash' page to remind myself of all the pretty things that I have available to start. It doesn't always keep me from buying something new, but it helps moderate the acquisition a bit.

      When I did my first real stash inventory back in 2019, there were 119 fully kitted and 23 partially kitted for a total of 142. I did unkit some that I was no longer interested in starting, but I've finished kitting up some, too. AND I finished a bunch over those years as well. I would like to get down to your number someday in the not terribly distant future.

      Delete
  2. When you retire, you will have more time to work on all those projects and move them to the finish line. Wow! 100 kitted projects is a lot!!! Gail at the cozy quilter. Who has never stitched with silk thread

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In my defense, a third of them are Blackbird Loose Feathers from when I was in their club!

      Delete

I am moderating comments due to getting some really nasty spam comments lately. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for stopping by.