Sunday, May 26, 2024

Slow Sunday Stitching - May 26, 2024

Not a lot of stitching this week, the garden is exploding and we've had enough rain that I need to weed pretty much every day.   My tomatoes and peppers are all blooming, so I hope for another bumper tomato year!

What time I did get to stitch was getting back into the KC Plaza Sewing Bag.   Fill in on the statues in the fountain is what's up next.  Right now I'm working on getting the shadow color on the right hand horse.   I did finish the last little dolphin statue over on the far right.

I also got the short rows to shape the back shoulder area done on the yoke sweater, but no photo of the whole sweater laid out, since it doesn't really look any different than last week on the needle.   I have discovered German Short Rows and I like them SO much better than the wrap and turn variety of short rows.  This style is darn near invisible.   Here's the wedge formed by five short row sets (so ten rows) and other than tracing a row of stitches from the front of the sweater on the left side around, can you see where the 'seam' is?   I can't and I know where I put them!   I also got the repeats marked with ring markers. 

The other news is that there was gifted stash acquisition!  One of my co-workers is a knitter and she gave me retirement sock yarn!   The Meilenwiet is in my preferred sock colors of blues, teals and purple toned greys.  The Dream in Color Smooshy is a lovely rainbow - I think that one will become a scarf or shawlette.  

Linking up with the SSS crew (a little later than usual).   The current round up is here.

2 comments:

  1. Retirement yarn is the perfect gift for you! Gail at the cozy quilter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful to receive that lovely gift of wool. Such lovely colours.

    ReplyDelete

I am moderating comments due to getting some really nasty spam comments lately. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for stopping by.