Sunday, September 27, 2026

Slow Sunday Stitching - September 27, 2026 AND 2026 Rotation #7 Slot #3 (Modern) Changeover

 

There were a couple of 'stopping point' milestones on my projects this week.  First is the Modern slot, the "Collaboration Sampler Bellpull".  I was able to finish the Just Nan portion, which is the bottom third of the piece. Done except for the beading, which will happen at the end. Very typical JN in the 1990's look, but I still like it.  I did short the hours a bit, so I'm also putting some time in on the perforated paper Santa ornament this week.  I haven't had a lot of appointments this month, so I'm afraid it has been a bit ignored of late. 

The other 'midpoint milestone' project is the September assignment for the Blackbird Academy SAL.  I finished the front panel on Loose Feathers #40 (original series) "Hedgerow Birds". (Details in the finish post here.)

 I will be doing the back panel in March for the prompt "flowers", hence the date being next year.  (Left/back cover of the pattern leaflet below shows what it will look like.)  It will be stitched upside down relative to this one on the same piece of linen.  If you look closely, you can see the basted lines for the center fold and bottom start under the urn.  I'll be finishing it to the kit directions, which I will share when I get there. 
I got to the next decrease point on the yoke of the brown colorwork sweater.  I'll be working on that later today and I will move the project to a shorter circular needle, which is another good milestone!

"Santa of the Forest" will get its month end and changeover post soon - look for that post on Wednesday night.   That will be the end of rotation #7.   I'm clicking through all five (six if you count the travel project ornament) projects every month pretty regularly of late.  Not sure how long I can keep up that pace, but I feel very accomplished.   I'm linking up with the SSS crew (here).

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am moderating comments due to getting some really nasty spam comments lately. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for stopping by.