Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Ash Wednesday 2018

"Remember, oh man, that dust thou art.  And to dust thou shalt return."

Somber words.   And true.   I actually like the simplicity and restraint of Lent.   A little self-discipline is not a bad thing either.  

I don't usually 'give up' anything for Lent, but add some type of spiritual discipline to my days.  For this year, I would REALLY like to get back to saying Compline every night.   At one point I was saying all four of the Anglican Daily Office services - Morning Prayer, Noonday Prayer, Evening Prayer (Vespers) and Compline (at Bedtime). 

I kind of miss that.  What I need to do is find an audio service for the commute.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am moderating comments due to getting some really nasty spam comments lately. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for stopping by.