Saturday, February 17, 2018

Quilt WiP: Scrappy Sister's Choice - BINDING

There's been an awfully lot of this going on at my house today:


Yes, the binding is finally going on the Scrappy Sister's Choice!   Nothing like wrestling a full sized quilt on a 3/4 size machine set up on half the dining room table.   Tight quarters are a thing, evidently. 

But on the other hand, there's a ton of cozy hand sewing coming up to go along with the colder weather that's supposed to be coming in.   The forecast is for 62 with a thunderstorm on Monday and 32 and snow on Tuesday.   The last time it was supposed to snow, it barely flurried.   With my luck (and having to work in the out of town office on both days), it will be a blizzard.

(Later) It's now late afternoon.   All four sides are on.  I managed to stab myself several times with the pins, but only one time was enough that I bled.  And NOT, thank goodness, on the quilt!!

I am going to do machine sewn miters on this puppy.   I'll report in how that goes. 

(Later still)  The verdict.  Sewn miters are slick, tight and even.   Fiddly, but no worse than standard miters.   One down, three to go, but I think those will have to wait until morning.   Or maybe after church.  I'm tired and that's a recipe for disaster.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am moderating comments due to getting some really nasty spam comments lately. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for stopping by.