Sunday, February 18, 2018

Slow Sunday Stitching - February 18, 2018

Good morning, Slow Sunday Stitchers.    Are we stitching slowly on any given Sunday?  Or are we enjoying a slow, relaxing Sunday by stitching?  If the later, it's not me this week. 

I'm getting this out in a hurry using Saturday's progress to date because I have to be at the church in an hour.  For those of us of the Roman and Anglican persuasion, Lent has started.  Despite all the church related stuff going on with Shrove Tuesday and Ash Wednesday this week, I did make some good crafting progress.

Finished Block #7 of "Aunt Lottie's Garden".   Easy enough applique that I did this block at work over my lunch time.  I'm grateful for good lighting at my desks in both offices!



And  I prepped Block #8 (marked and basted) so that I can work on it over my lunches at work in the coming week.

Dutch Beauty has had about five hours of attention since I picked it back up at the first of the month.  And that is a page finish!   J/10 is in the books.  On to the left side of K/11.   The new area is an arbor that frames the center of this row.   I have the top (by the bird with the cherries) and the bottom (the thicker bit in the row of grass) established, but there's a LOT of very complex stuff to fill in between.  Five hours still to go on this rotation; we'll see how far that takes me.  



And the test knitting is well over half finished.   But no photo to share as of yet.   The designer is hoping to publish by the end of the month, though.

After church, there will be some of this.......  Yep, the binding is on Scrappy Sister's Choice at long last.   Took me most of yesterday afternoon and I still have three corner miters to do, but the hand stitching WILL start today!!!

 
One other thing happened this week.   I bought ticking to put new leaders on my quilting frame.   I have a Jasmine 2-rail frame.   When I first set the frame up years ago, I used plain muslin for the leaders and over the years, it has disintegrated.   This is the 'real deal' ticking - heavy and thread dyed, so it should last better.   I still have to get some tap in staples to install the ticking, but hand quilting is going to happen sooner instead of later.   Hopefully I can make a run to the hardware store at some point this week so I can get everything installed.

No matter if you are stitching slowly or enjoying a slow, comfy Sunday by stitching, ramble over the Kathy's Quilts and see what everyone else is up to.   (Link to this week's round up link party.)

8 comments:

  1. I hope you can get your ticking on your frame easily - I used a glue for my metal bars and then put duct tape over the ends and it holds up fine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My bars are made of oak handrail. There's a nice flat surface to 'nail' into. I'm hoping to find non-rusting staples. If that's not possible, I intend to seal them. One thing I am puzzling over - I don't have a serger and I want to finish the edges. With the lighter muslin, I did a folded hem, but that will be far too bulky on the ticking. Single fold bias tape?

      Delete
  2. Your hexie fabrics are very pretty. I really like that cross-stitch too. Enjoy stitching your binding. I always find that part very satisfying. Good luck with your quilting frame. I don't own one so I can't help with the ticking question.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The vintage fabrics are a lot of fun. Some of them look so fresh and fun. I love fabrics from the 30s.

      Delete
  3. Lovely projects in the works, enjoy the slow stitching of the binding on of my favorite slow stitch activities when I quilt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The end is in sight, though it's a long way around a full sized quilt plus hanging sleeve plus label. I may be at this for a while!

      Delete
  4. This is a beautiful array of projects! I love EPP and that cross stitch is gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoyed making the 10 sets of reproduction pinks to go with these vintage ones. Lots and lots of applique now to get this to the assemble stage. Then I think I'm going to hand quilt it. But this EPP is definitely not my last.

      I actually have two more EPP projects in progress - Lucy Boston and a little 'fill in' section for a sampler quilt.

      Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete

I am moderating comments due to getting some really nasty spam comments lately. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for stopping by.