Saturday, April 7, 2018

BOM Challenge Update - March 2018


It's the first Saturday of the month, so that means it is time to check in with the link party on Jo's Country Junction for the folks that are working along on their Sampler/Block of the Month/Block of the Week UFOs.  


Work was a bit busy over the last month, so I only got one block a week done.   And one of them isn't finished.   That "Floating 9 patch" in the center top of the photo will actually become a "Honeybee" block after I get some applique on it.   On the other hand, made good progress on the total area since there are two of the larger blocks in the layout in this batch.




This is basically the half-way point.  My goal is to finish this quilt all the way to the binding this year.  Considering that I'm going to piece the back (I will get RID of those rose fabrics!!), I'd like to have it to the LAQ by Labor Day.    I think that's do-able as long as I keep the pace.  


The details on the blocks:
Block 12  - Jacob's ladder*
Block 13 - studio time*
Block 14 - honey bee* (incomplete in this picture - need to add applique)
Block 15 - precious fabric*
Pattern is Pat Sloan's "Solstice" with the starred blocks and the layout from her pattern.  Un-starred blocks are from the original quilt top and will be substituted for Pat's blocks in the final layout.

2 comments:

  1. looks like you have the right plan and the blocks look good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Salvaging this project has been satisfying. I am so glad that Pat Sloan's design works so well with some occasionally off sized blocks.

      Delete

I am moderating comments due to getting some really nasty spam comments lately. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for stopping by.