Sunday, September 8, 2019

Slow Sunday Stitching -- September 8, 2019

I finished some quilt blocks this week:
Number 29 of 30 for the center of Aunt Lottie's Garden.  Hand applique on this block, and for some reason my basting went all puckered and I had to redo half of it because there was a big fold in the background fabric under the applique.  "Haste makes waste!"

"Yankee Puzzle" (12 inch finished size) for my Guild's Quilts of Valor; I think this is quilt number 7 so far this year.  I just love the background fabric on this one; perfect for patriotic quilts in the US.

And I put in about two more hours on Dutch Beauty  (total of four so far this rotation).

So I'm happy with my progress.  Today I'm going to mark and baste the LAST block for the center of Aunt Lottie's Garden - yeah for milestones.    Still lots to go on this top, with the assembly of the center and the borders.   I'm planning on doing the borders 'cornerstone' style, with the same hexi sets as the center in each corner and then leafy vines on the sides.  


Linking up with Slow Sunday Stitching over at Kathy's.  

13 comments:

  1. You are so right, haste does make waste! The flower garden block are lovely, going to be a very nice quilt. Love the counted cross stitch, looks hard! Happy Stitching!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DB isn't very hard, it's just big. So it's slow going. Thanks for stopping by

      Delete
  2. I love those pretty blocks and I am enjoying watching Dutch Beauty grow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I always like it when DB comes up in the rotation.

      Delete
  3. The pink block is so pretty... sorry it gave you so much trouble.
    One more Aunt Lottie block?!?!?! Yeah for milestones!
    Thanks for linking up to Slow Sunday Stitching!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A very minor milestone on Aunt Lottie's Garden - there still assembly and borders to go! But it's about the journey with Slow Stitching, after all.

      Delete
  4. Enjoyed seeing the pictures of your lovely blocks. I had not seen the Yankee Puzzle block before, I like it, even if I do live in the South.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, the next one is going to be a 'Dutchman's Puzzle', but I have to raid the stash for more blue and neutral. I'm having fun making sampler blocks for this project.

      Delete
  5. Hi,
    Love the Dutch Beauty piece, beautiful.
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty blocks and stitching. That Yankee Puzzle is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

I am moderating comments due to getting some really nasty spam comments lately. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for stopping by.