Sunday, May 24, 2020

Slow Sunday Stitching - May 24, 2020

Hello SSS crew!  Memorial Day weekend for those of us in the US.  (This is our Remembrance Day.) I want to mention my dad and my husband especially today.   My dad as a WWII vet and Walt for his 20 years as a police officer.  Gentlemen, thank you for your service.

In honor of them (and for my son), I'm spending today and tomorrow working on the USMC seal.  All three of them (dad, husband plus my son stood on the yellow footprints.  Marines know.)
starting point for the Memorial Day stitching

There's been quite a bit of crafting this week, actually.  I put in a little over ten hours on Dutch Beauty, which finished a page - 15/O. (Check out the changeover post to see the whole thing laid out.)
AND I finished all the embroidery on the Sampler Sweetbag!   There's still some embellishments, cording and tassels and a WHOLE LOT of assembly to go on this project.  But it will be going away until the "Finish/Frame" slot comes up in Rotation #3 - probably in August.
On the knitting front, I'm on the buttonhole row of the front facing on Rosemarkie.   I'm going to tackle the math on that tomorrow.   I'm linking up with Slow Sunday Stitching (current round up).

9 comments:

  1. Each of your lovely embroideries are looking lovely. Love seeing all the Sampler Sweetbag pieces. Enjoy your Memorial Day weekend with your dad, husband and son. Have a lovely time stitching the USMC seal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, your embroideries are so intricate. Very pretty! Enjoy memorial day

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love seeing the progress on your projects! The marine seal will take a while but it will be worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all the different stitching projects that you are working on. They are all so different. Enjoy the holiday weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your USMC stitching is awesome. My dad was a WWII vet also. Happy Memorial Day weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous stitching! My dad was a WWII vet too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such lovely hand stitching! Thanks for sharing your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  8. USMC seal is beautiful. My father was WWII Marine vet. Fortunately, the family has some of his momentos.

    ReplyDelete

I am moderating comments due to getting some really nasty spam comments lately. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for stopping by.