Sunday, September 20, 2020

Slow Sunday Stitching - September 20, 2020

 Well, I ended up working more this week than I had planned.  Our VP had an "all hands" meeting and there was a time sensitive project that took a lot longer than I had anticipated.  That's the bad news.  The good news is that I get tomorrow off instead!   More stitching time is always a good thing. 

What time I had this week was mostly on Dutch Beauty - this is somewhere right around five hours.  I got the leaves and buds done on the vertical part of the border and the top motif of roosters and tree of life finished and the lion's tail done (and started the first back leg).  

The original stitcher had an issue on this corner.  Both of these motifs run right up to the border stitching.  And the front paw of that lion is right up against the next motif to the left (the lily plant).  I'm guessing she was at the 'I'm over this project, I'm not going to pull out all those stitches!" or maybe, "I'm running out of thread, I'm not going to be able to frog this."   Both of those things happen to adult stitchers, let alone a thirteen year old!

I did put about 9 inches into Round 7, Side 3 of the sock yarn blanket.  There's about another 9 inches to the next corner, so I hope to be there by next weekend. 

For now, though, I'm going to catch up with the Slow Sunday Stitchers (link to this week's roundup) and stitch some more weirdly shaped lion!


4 comments:

  1. such pretty stitches and always nice to have a Monday off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great progress! Cute roosters...can’t wait to see more of the lion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How nice you get a day off and enjoy a little stitching on your Dutch Beauty. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

I am moderating comments due to getting some really nasty spam comments lately. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for stopping by.