Sunday, April 18, 2021

Slow Sunday Stitching - April 18, 2021

BRRR, it's still cold and rainy here, and we are forecast to have snow Wednesday this week. This is two days past the 'last freeze day' on the gardening charts - which have proved to be lying lairs three of the last five years!   Snow on Easter, snow on the first of May!   Not planting tomatoes yet, that's for sure!!!  Staying inside and stitching sounds like an excellent plan to me!

And so I have.  

Dutch Beauty is at almost ten hours (counting the frogging time), but I will keep working on it until this motif is finished.  Judging from the other side, the flower and parrot should take me two to two and half hours at most.   Feels like it shouldn't take that long, but I am a fairly slow stitcher, especially when listening to an audiobook or flosstube at the same time.  I'm so happy to have all the foliage back in after the great frogging episode!

The other projects that I have worked on this week are:

Lucy Boston "Patchwork of the Crosses" table topper.  Block #9.   All basted, and assembly is started.  (Colors are a bit washed out in this photo.)  I have also ordered more papers for the alternate blocks from Paper Pieces (link to their website - which is clunky, but never had an issue with the actual orders).

And I put three inches on the sock yarn blanket while reading the other night.  

Linking up with the SSS crew (link to current round-up).


8 comments:

  1. I love that parrot on Dutch Beauty. Glad you have the frogging episode behind you. That quilt block is pretty. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's never fun to pull out your work, but worth it to have a good finished product! Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. Did you notice the your two projects colour coordinate? The flowers on this motif on Dutch Beauty are very interesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do, sort of. Especially with the quilt block being a little washed out due to the flash. That sage green color is a favorite of mine, for sure.

      Delete
  3. well for some reason that cold front is coming all the way down to Arkansas and I am just hoping I don't lose plants on Tuesday and Wednesday I will be busy covering plants on Tuesday afternoon and bringing in what I can - might be a hard freeze and I will lose some for sure if that happens

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry? Let's both blame the Dakotas LOL. Other than the week before Easter, it's been a pretty cold spring so far. Hope the big chill stays north of you!

      Delete
  4. Yes it's still got a chill in the air and frost most mornings here too and I have no desire as yet to do any gardening. Dutch Beauty is lovely, I'm always having to frog my work it's like one step forward two steps back but I get there in the end. Your quilt block is lovely. Have a peaceful Sunday. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such lovely colours in your Crosstitch. Almost the same as your EPP! Don't want to make you jealous but I was able to sit outside in the garden and do some sewing today. Sorry!

    ReplyDelete

I am moderating comments due to getting some really nasty spam comments lately. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for stopping by.