Wednesday, April 14, 2021

Some thoughts on Lucy Boston

When I scaled back my Lucy Boston "Patchwork of the Crosses" from a lap throw to a table topper, I was thinking 'nine blocks'.   NOT ' nine main blocks and four alternate blocks with the square centers and twelve 'pathway' blocks and four corner blocks.....'  I'm not even halfway done!   What!!!???!!!  Good thing I really like English Paper Piecing and I'm in no hurry to get this project done! 

Our group at the guild that is working on this this did do a tutorial on potential layouts.  I'm pretty sure I want to do the light paths and dark squares layout like the original, but put a border print around the outside if I can get the corners to miter nicely.  

All basted and ready to start putting the last main block together

So once I get block 9 done, the next step will be to choose a nice light neutral.  It will have to be quite light, because there are several of the blocks that used my lighter fabrics on the outer points.  A warm color - cream grunge maybe?   One color to unify everything, I think.   Decisions, decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am moderating comments due to getting some really nasty spam comments lately. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for stopping by.