Monday, July 26, 2021

And then this happened (the background for Lucy Boston)

 So, I've been saying all along that I was going to do a 'traditional' Lucy Boston"Patchwork of the Crosses" - light background, alternate blocks and pathway blocks.

I laid out my blocks on every white and cream solid, semi solid, and light low volume print in my stash.  I thought long and hard about ordering a cream grunge in defiance of the 'no new stash' rule.  (Self imposed, but I'm TRYING).  UGH, nothing worked.

I have been photographing the parts on my black desk and loved the way the colors "popped", so I went internet diving for 'Lucy Boston with dark background'. Then I saw this blog post with a single PotC block set on black as a small wall hanging.  YES!!!

I found a half yard of solid black in the stash and my trusty Fons and Porter white chalk pencil and went to work.  I figured I would do a pathway block first since it's just 4 squares and 6 honeycombs.  That's a minimum investment of time and fabric.

I think I like it.  And that background will not let the light tips of the blocks fade! 




1 comment:

  1. Good choice with the black background! It will really make those colors sparkle.

    ReplyDelete

I am moderating comments due to getting some really nasty spam comments lately. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for stopping by.