Monday, October 11, 2021

Falling down the full coverage rabbit hole

 I've long admired the full coverage projects - solid stitching with minimal no background fabric showing.  The USMC seal that I am working on fits that description; it has no open areas at all.  The Teresa Wentzler "Millennium" piece that I finished last year was basically full coverage.  The only back ground that remained showing was in the upper arch (see below at the top edge of the picture) and around the words at the bottom.  

A detail of the over one planets and full coverage sky on Millennium.
 

I have two Heaven and Earth Designs charts in the stash and about twelve more that I'd love to do.   And the eye candy on the Full Coverage Fanatics Facebook group is incredibly enabling.

I was going to wait until I retired next year to do this tweak to my rotation.  However, in order to work in the Plaza Sewing Bag (introduced here) into the rotation, I'm going to split out the pictorial slot into two pieces - pictorial and full coverage.  

To compensate for the additional slot, I'm going to work on my WIPGO projects in the 'modern' slot.  Those projects will probably be less than ten hours per month and will get several smaller modern pieces out of my stash over the next year or so.

I can tell I'm getting bored with the old rotation as I've added two slots to it over the last year or so, but I hesitate to abandon it entirely.  That way lies madness and 30 plus needlework WiPs like I had back in 2015.   I've FINALLY got it down to under ten (including the two projects in not counted thread that are waiting in the wings) and I don't ever want to have triple digits like some of the folks on Flosstube!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am moderating comments due to getting some really nasty spam comments lately. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for stopping by.