Sunday, November 28, 2021

Slow Sunday Stitching - November 28, 2021

Happy Thanksgiving to those of my readers in the States!  This year my Thanksgiving cactus is blooming in a much more timely manner.  It's currently loaded with blossoms - there are buds on almost every branch.  The flowers on this one are a pale pink, though they look almost white in the buds.  I wish my smaller Christmas one would flower; it's a shocking fuchsia color if I remember the parent plant correctly.  I've owned it for ten years now, and it's never bloomed and just barely grows in comparison with this one that flourishes.  Same window, same care.  It's odd.


It's been a productive week for more than the plants!  I finished the seventh of the connecting blocks for the Patchwork of the Crosses.  Starting over with the pictures for the second half of the blocks for the center of the table topper

Got to the end of the ten hours on the Unicorn - met my goal of getting the ribbon area all done.  She'll be going away until the next time through the rotation when I'll get the rest of her mane done and hopefully tackle the rose as well.

And got the Plaza Sewing Bag re-started; I'm working on the part that was half done when it was hibernated.  The "Mill Hill" building is now finished.   The names of the shops on the streetscape are the supplies for the project and the shop that sponsored it.   Cute!

I'm going to dive into the "Thread Gatherer" shop after checking on the Slow Sunday Stitching crew (Link to current round up).

4 comments:

  1. Our Christmas cactus has not bloomed in years. I should try to figure out what to do to encourage it to bloom. Enjoy your stitching today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful projects. My Thanksgiving cactus is outside and I had to move it to a different place while my house was painted. I need to move it back so maybe it will bloom again. It did last year when it was sheltered against the house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never have much luck with plants, but love the Christmas cactus plant when it blooms. Hope yours is showy. Cute stitchery with the DMC building. Rotating projects is a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have two Christmas cactii that haven't bloomed in years. I love the unicorn and that Sewing Bag is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

I am moderating comments due to getting some really nasty spam comments lately. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for stopping by.