Sunday, July 21, 2024

Slow Sunday Stitching - July 21, 2024

 I'm kicking off the third round of my basic rotation in 2024 with my Blackbird/Historic piece, "Keepsake" - Loose Feathers #33.   I've put in a couple of hours so far this time around; I finished off the dark upper greenery and have a good start on the bottom set of flowers.  

I'm a little worried that the "oatmeal scone" silk is ghosting on this fabric - the called for linen (R&R "Old Mill Java") is just a touch tanner than the PTP "Tycho" that I'm using.   But in both places that the oatmeal floss used, it's outlined with another color, so I think it will be fine.   The shine of the silk helps, too; in real life, you can tell there are stitches inside the flowers.   

This is destined to become a small pillow about 5.5 inches / 14 cm square.  I need to find a backing fabric from my quilting supplies, because I only have the five flowers and a very tiny bit of background to complete before it's ready for finishing.

My travel project is a new start this week.   I finished the Scotch Pine Santa (finished and Fully Finished - post here).   My grandson picked out the next one for me out of my stash of kitted ornaments and chose the "Wildlife Santa" from Willmaur - so back to the animals set.
Just barely started, but it looks to be fun.  No beads on this one, so it will stay 'travel appropriate' all the way to the finish.

Linking up with the SSS crew (this week's roundup is here).

4 comments:

  1. What a fun travel project! Your basket of flowers is pretty. Keep stitching…it seems you have lots of projects in line waiting to be stitched…
    Gail at the cozy quilter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm working on half a dozen needlework projects right now, including the travel one (Santa Ornament). That's right in the sweet spot where I work on them often enough to show you folks some progress most weeks! (We won't talk about the un-started stuff in the stash.....)

      Delete
  2. Beautiful projects you are working on! Love the Santa ornament

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was wondering if there were beads. They are definitely not travel appropriate. I like that vase of flowers. That will make a pretty small pillow.

    ReplyDelete

I am moderating comments due to getting some really nasty spam comments lately. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for stopping by.