Sunday, September 22, 2024

Slow Sunday Stitching - September 22, 2024

It wasn't a great crafting time this week.   Every now and then I get sucked into a book, or a fanfiction or some non-needlework project to the detriment of my stitching, and all of the above happened this week.  I bought two more of the tall garden beds and two planters to replace some wood beds and plastic feed tubs that have reached the end of their useful life.  The new beds come in a flat pack, so getting everything assembled has been ... interesting.   Once I get them all set up and filled, I'll have to take a picture.  My grandson told me that I will have a "Pinterest garden".  😄 It's not going to be THAT neat and tidy.   I'm only going with these beds because they are tall enough that I will not need to bend over much. (A nice side effect is that the local wild rabbits can't get into them).   

When I have surfaced from reading and gardening, I've been working on the vintage crewel kit, "Majestic Eagle" and have a decent start on his tail feathers.   There are three large feathers and a half dozen small feathers.  I had a couple of the fan-shaped grey feathers along the underneath of the tail started when I got back to this project last week.   Finished those off and the one small feather that is just above, then I started on the first of the larger feathers.  All the white on white in this section is rather boring.   I need to find an audiobook or podcast to put on.

And a full on shot for a good thumbnail for the SSS link. 

7 comments:

  1. Great progress on your eagle. I have been working in the garden and redoing garden beds too, and creating new ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hard work, but SO worth it. I'm gradually replacing my lower beds with ones that are about 30 inches high. As I age, my 'bending and kneeling in the dirt' becomes more problematic! But I still want to garden. Good luck with your garden!

      Delete
  2. Wow! I took a closer look at your eagle and it is beautiful! I just want to reach out and touch it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the way that the crewel techniques combined with the wool threads create some really interesting textures. Let me know if there are any areas that you'd like a close up of and I'll be happy to include them in next week's post. I'm hoping to work on this project for 15 hours before I rotate to the next one, so at least a couple more weeks.

      Delete
  3. Your eagle is a regal fellow. There's so much lovely texture in this piece. It sounds as if you are enjoying yourself with a little stitching, reading and gardening filling your days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those stitches on the eagle's feathers.

    ReplyDelete

I am moderating comments due to getting some really nasty spam comments lately. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for stopping by.