Sunday, September 15, 2024

Slow Sunday Stitching - September 15, 2024

Well, look at that, an old friend has come out of hibernation and back into the rotation.   My poor vintage crewel project "Majestic Eagle" is back on my floor stand.   I don't know why I've shorted or skipped this project each time it's come up in the rotation since March.  I've been very bad about keeping to my Rotation Rules!  So, I'm going to try to give it 15 hours instead of 10 to sort of catch up a bit.  I want to at least finish off all the tail feathers and get to the pine needle background.   The needles are in two layers - long and short stitch where the solid orange is on the pattern, then long straight stitches and bullion knots over the top to make up the actual greenery.   I also have some backstitching to make the center spines of some of the flight feathers stand out.   This may look very close to being done, but there's lots yet to do.


I have had a productive week, though.   Two finishes (one an FFO) and two things framed and off the WIPGO board.  The project bag is still a heap of pieces on my table, though.  I need to get back to working on that.   And I still have one of the September WIPGO calls to do - it's a flat finish, so should be fairly quick once I figure out the fabric for the backing.
Tiger, Buffalo, Wildlife Santa ornament, Birdhouses SAL (links to finish posts with the details).

As promised, here's the next perforated Santa ornament.   The "Feline Santa" is the fourth in the "Animal Santa" series.  I haven't really started it yet, but I did get the center of the perforated paper ground established and all the flosses sorted.   It's ready to go when I have an appointment or wait time.  This one is unique - the fish is a separate piece that's free standing on a floss 'stringer'.   I was thinking that I might do it on a different colored paper to highlight that.

Linking up with the SSS crew.


4 comments:

  1. Retirement is obviously agreeing with you! So satisfying to finish some projects. Gail at the cozy quilter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm loving being retired. I never got to be a 'housewife', so I'm enjoying puttering around the house and garden as well as having more time for my hobbies. 10/10 highly recommend LOL.

      Delete
  2. That eagle is gorgeous. I have an embroidery piece that I too have to get out of hibernation and work on. I love the finishes. The birdhouse stitch along piece is so pretty. Enjoy working on that Santa.

    ReplyDelete

I am moderating comments due to getting some really nasty spam comments lately. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for stopping by.