Thursday, September 12, 2024

FINISHED NEEDLEWORK: "Heirloom Santa: Wildlife" by Willmaur

PSA:  Opps, I originally inadvertently posted this without the picture.  Thank you, Gail for letting me know!   Don't know what happened on Blogger's side, but deleting and re-attaching seems to have solved it!

The third of the four "Animal Santas" by Willmaur.    These kits have been in the stash since the 1990s.   I discovered when doing some googling to see if there are any available kits to use for JC, Angie and the kids that the designer, (Sandra Cozzolino) moved to Mill Hill in the mid 1990s.   That explains why the design style is so similar.  The Mill Hill designs just added beading, of course.  That certainly expands the options a great deal.  

No major changes on this one from the pattern in the kit.   I was short on the floss for the beard, so subbed in DMC 3865 since I didn't have any ecru floss in the stash (I did have ecru perle cotton, but the texture wouldn't be right).

1 comment:

  1. Very nice! Love Santa’s beard! Gail at the cozy quilter

    ReplyDelete

I am moderating comments due to getting some really nasty spam comments lately. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for stopping by.