Sunday, December 9, 2018

Slow Sunday Stitching - December 9, 2018

Work is end of the year busy.  My boss is out on maternity leave - she had the baby last Tuesday and he's a cute little man.  But that means I've got extra responsibilities and it doesn't help that I have an annual filing this week AND internal audit dumped four data requests on me on Friday afternoon that are due on Tuesday!   So no lunchtime knitting or applique for me this week and I'm driving the carpool, so no commuter crafting either.  Some weeks are just like that. 

But last week, I did get Millennium to a stopping point
And I got started on a little Christmas gnome.   He's from a limited edition kit from Silver Needle.  Not a camp kit this time, but one of the monthly projects from the store for their "Secret Needle Night". 
Knitting time is going into Ri's afghan, and it's slowly approaching the center.  At this point, it feels like there's no progress because the rows are so long.   But I know that soon I will make the 'turn' in the middle and the rows start decreasing.

No quilting to speak of this week.  The guild potluck and Christmas party is this Tuesday.  I need to figure out what I'm taking.  It has to be something I can make two of because there's also a potluck at work that day!

Holiday crazy has officially taken over......

Linking up with Kathy's Slow Sunday Stitching.

7 comments:

  1. take a deep breath and enjoy the Xmas season - good luck on all the work you have this week and enjoy the potlucks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you are going to be busy. Hope you get some you time for stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a busy time of the year. Your stitching is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness that is too much to do!
    Hope you have some moments of relaxation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds way too busy in your neck of the woods. Keep knitting and stitching. Keep calm and carry on. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can’t wait to see more of the gnome!

    ReplyDelete

I am moderating comments due to getting some really nasty spam comments lately. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for stopping by.