Sunday, March 10, 2019

Slow Sunday Stitching - March 10, 2019

Sorry about missing last week, but church stuff and work stuff and family stuff have really eaten into my crafting time.   All good things - consecration of our new bishop and Ash Wednesday - bells played for both, month end close and the hand off of some of my extra job duties and finally my granddaughter's birthday.  

I did get my rotation finished on Teresa Wentzler's Millennium.   I am leaving it here for this rotation.  The back stitching is done on both angels down to the gold under tunics, which will be done with the base of the arch and the center landscape is sketched in on both sides (which had to be done to do the back stitching of the figures).  
And there was some of this going on last night:
Yes, I'm dipping my toes back into surface embroidery.  I bought a nice Hardwicke Manor hoop and wrapped it using Mary Corbet's tutorial (link to her website and that tutorial).   Not really loving the project (see Zombie Kittens), but there's not a ton left to do on this project and hopefully nice tools will make it go more easily.  I keep seeing all the wonderful surface embroidery projects on Slow Sunday Stitching and get inspired.   (link to this week's round up)

4 comments:

  1. So glad that the Slow Sunday Stitchers are inspiring you to finish up the zombie kittens!
    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will admit that the kittens are not a project that I would choose now, but it hopefully won't take me long to finish one pillowcase!

      Delete
  2. Oh wow, the angels and the blue sky beyond are amazing. Fabulous stitching!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's all down to the designer, Teresa Wentzler.

      Delete

I am moderating comments due to getting some really nasty spam comments lately. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for stopping by.