Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Weekly Check in - March 3, 2019

Back dating this because I totally forgot to even blog an "I'm late" post, let alone my Slow Sunday Stitching link.  Saturday the 2nd was the consecration of our new bishop.  The service was three hours long!!!  So many bishops!  Including our presiding bishop, who is just as lovely in person as he looked when he was preaching at the royal wedding.  He is truly an authentic soul, no matter where he is. 

JC worked security and my bell choir played.   Our two pieces were for the prelude and for communion.   Both were pretty difficult - the communion one keeps bouncing between 3 /4 and 4 /4 time.   Not easy to count.  But very effective "Gift of Finest Wheat".   By the time I got home, I was wiped out.   Then more bad weather on Sunday.   I'm so ready for spring.

Ash Wednesday - more bells. A much simpler piece this time, but very pretty.

I did, luckily, remember to take a picture of Millennium.   Ready for the back stitching on St. Raphael.  This is right at seven hours.
And I finished the orange twisted stitch hat.   Together with the cowl, this set should be comfortable and flexible in arrangement for hunting.  Plan to gift them to JC for his birthday this summer.   The hat looks small in this photo, but the fact that it's entirely twisted stitch ribbing means it stretches like crazy, then fits back snug.  Perfect for ducking though the woods.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I am moderating comments due to getting some really nasty spam comments lately. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for stopping by.