Friday, June 19, 2020

Needlework change over - 2020 Rotation 2, Slot #3 completed (pictorial)

Wow, I ended up putting almost 14 hours in this time.  I got stuck into that bottom border of "Millennium" and just didn't want to stop until the outside of the base was done.  (Also finished the water area.)

Where I started:



And here's the entire thing:


There's still quite a bit to go on this project:
  • Green/gold vines on each side of the base - like in the upper arch
  • Backstitch the lower vines
  • Backstitch the angel's under-robes on each side
  • Backstitch the base
  • Verse in over one and backstitch
  • Metallic on sword blade and backstitch the blade and hilt
  • Upright cross stars (sky area)
  • Beaded stars (space area)
  • Beads in upper foliage
  • Take project off frame so as not to roll up any beaded area
  • Beads on figures (broaches and sword hilt) - in hand
  • Beads in lower foliage - in hand
  • sign and date it
  • wash and press
So several more rotations.   But I can see the light at the end of the tunnel!

Next up is my son's USMC seal.   I have gridded out the rest of page 5 and part of page 6.  "OF THE NAVY" will get me to the half way point on the over one border.  Each little square of the grid is 100 stitches.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am moderating comments due to getting some really nasty spam comments lately. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for stopping by.