Sunday, December 27, 2020

Slow Sunday Stitching - December 26, 2020

 Hope everyone who celebrates had a wonderful Christmas holiday.  If you don't, hope you are having a wonderful weekend!

I did not get my sister's gift done, but it wasn't for lack of trying!  It's at the halfway point, though.  She thought it was a hat at first LOL. 

When it's done, it will be a Muppet.  (Pattern is Yip Yips on Ravelry).  Pattern (and photo below) by Carissa Browning.

Copyright Carissa Browning

I am right at the start of the 'mouth' area.  So funky and cute.  Kimi is a total Muppet fan girl and "Kermit green" is a favorite color of hers.  

And both of my socks now have heel flaps, heel turns and the gussets picked up. Even when I'm working socks with the magic loop technique on a long circular needle, I prefer to pick up the gussets using double points.  I think it's just easier to get the right count and not twist anything you don't want twisted if you do this step in two parts instead of "pick up and knit".  (The two legs and the two heel flaps are exactly the same length, but the right one happened to roll under in both places when I took this picture,)

There's also been quite a bit of this going on in the push to get the Sampler Sweetbag done before the end of the year.  Sixteen of these little buggers...  

Getting more of these done today will be my SSS project (after I check out all the rest of the crew).  Link to this week's roundup.

7 comments:

  1. I love those Yip Yip characters and remember them well! I love the green color. Your stitching is looking great - the eyelets are so perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am getting better at the eyelets. The first one was a bit of a trial, though. I'm having fun with the muppet - ping pong ball eyes yet to come LOL

      Delete
  2. That is so darn cute! What a fun gift for your sister!
    And the socks are such a complex design!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute gift for your sister, and lovely socks. They look complicated! Happy Knitting and Stitching, and Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those Yip Yips are a hoot! Love all your knitting projects!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sweet knit, and a nice Christmas present for your sister!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute knit, and a very nice Christmas present!

    ReplyDelete

I am moderating comments due to getting some really nasty spam comments lately. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for stopping by.