Sunday, March 14, 2021

Slow Sunday Stitching - March 14, 2021

 Wow, after a tough few weeks, my crafting mojo has roared back with a vengeance!  Work is a bit better, too.  Though still very very busy. 

So in the order finished this week.

I got the rest of the applique block done, the basting removed, the block washed.   Here it is, still damp.  I'll give it a nice press before I put it away in the 'orphan' block box.  I enjoyed doing this enough that I do believe it's residency there may be short lived.  But I am NOT starting another long term project at this time, so it will be safe there until I set up an applique paper cut quilt project in the (hopefully not too distant) future.

ETA: After a good press
 

Next up, I finished the stitching on the Just Nan design, "I Can Drive a Stick" that I started during the last #24HoursOfCrossStitch.  This I got it to FFO (Fully Finished Object) status as a stand up flat fold.  I do think I'll add some black chenille trim to finish off the edges.  Or maybe some mini pompoms.

And remember my sister's Muppet?  All done but the lining, which is my job for today.

First, though, I'm going to check out the rest of the SSS crew (link to current round up).


13 comments:

  1. Wonderful to finish things! That muppet is hilarious! Love the eyes! Can’t wait to see how you use your appliqué block in a project. As for the stick, I can drive one too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very careful holes in ping pong balls for the eyes, plus Sharpie marker. It totally suits my sister's wacky artist vibe.

      Delete
  2. Cute muppet!! Your quilt block is very nice and I love the little x stitch!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! I seem to be on a finish things kick. I hope to get the vintage cutwork napkin done next!

      Delete
  3. love the applique block it turned out really well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you. That means a lot coming from an expert applique artist like yourself!

      Delete
  4. Love the muppet! The applique block looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous applique. I had that same block in the orphan box for more years than I can count. I love it, and finally incorporated into the Stay at Home Round Robin coordinated by Quilting Gail!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It may go into my "Christmas orphan block" or it may be the start of a red and white quilt. I really did enjoy working on it.

      Delete
  6. Your appliqued block is a beauty! Of course I also love your witchy stitchery and that muppet is the cutest too. Thanks for sharing it all today, a day with March winds here in Ontario, Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  7. All witches know how to drive a broomstick!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your sister's muppet is fabulous! The mouth is hysterical! As for your applique block, it is amazing.

    ReplyDelete

I am moderating comments due to getting some really nasty spam comments lately. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for stopping by.