Sunday, March 7, 2021

Slow Sunday Stitching - March 7, 2021

Work has not gotten any better, and won't for at least a couple more months.   What was a supply crisis two weeks ago is now an accounting crisis.  Even knowing it was coming is not helping anyone cope.  And nobody likes being blamed for things WAY outside anyone's control.  100 degree Fahrenheit temperature swing in 7 days !!!!!   from  -18 to 71 !!!!   

Stitching is keeping me sane(ish), though I'm thinking about retirement more and more seriously as the days grind on.  I am slowly working on a cute Halloween piece by Just Nan that I started back in January during #24HoursOfCrossStitch.  It's about 2/3 of the way done and will be finished as a flat fold.

On Friday I finished up just shy of 10 hours on my pictorial - my son's USMC Seal.   I got a page finish on Page 6 (pages are outlined in green).  Next time it comes up, I will mark the grid on both the paper pattern and the fabric for Page 7. 


 What else - three more inches on the Sock Yarn Blanket.  And I got around the third quarter on the paper-cut applique block #1. It's not perfect.  I can see a few places where I went 'off the line' a bit which left a flat spot, but overall, I am pleased with the way it looks. The last set of 'stair-steps' is on deck for the week; getting straight lines and 90 degree corners is harder than you think!

I am hoping that actual spring holds off just a bit because I am in no shape to start working in the garden yet!  I actually need to get back to work (yes, on a Sunday, sigh), but I'll try to see if I can get around to look at all the SSS crew later in the week.  (link to current round up)


7 comments:

  1. Your son's USMC Seal is looking amazing! And....I cannot see where you "went off the line" on your applique...it is lovely. I am sorry to hear that your work situation is not the best. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a book of paper cut patterns but have never made one - it looks good - I can see tossing in the towel and retire - sometimes there comes a point when it is enough already and say you are done

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow your son's USMC seal has so many stitches great progress and it looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The USMC Seal is looking wonderful. Love your other projects too. Take care of yourself. You want to be able to enjoy your retirement whenever it arrives.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely stitching, especially the USMC seal! Great work! Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your son's USMC seal looks amazing! That will be really special. I love the look of your applique, too. I'm an applique novice and have found those circular places to be very challenging. I can tell you're very experienced!

    ReplyDelete

I am moderating comments due to getting some really nasty spam comments lately. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for stopping by.