Sunday, June 13, 2021

Slow Sunday Stitching - June 13, 2021

 Well, I've been stitching this week!  This is an improvement.

I've put in a couple of hours on the Unicorn Pillow.  Part of that was getting it the rest of the way set up.  I got a nifty thumbtack pusher and puller set from Lacis (recommended years ago on Mary Corbet's excellent site) that makes getting a canvas mounted a lot less stressful than the staple gun I used to use.

And I sorted all the threads.  This kit uses both embroidery floss (all 6 strands plus 2) and Persian wool (2 of the three strands) on a 12 count mono canvas.  The quality of the wool and canvas is quite good for a mass market kit, but the floss is not DMC or Anchor.   It's much thinner and not as tightly spun.  There's a large area of white background done in the floss and I'm thinking about subbing out DMC Blanc to hopefully get better coverage.  AND there are blends!  Wool and cotton blends - very odd to handle.

See the introduction to this project for where I started.   I got the nose done and have the background around the unicorn's face started.   The solid blue around the lower neck was already done, but all of the area between the horn and the muzzle is new.

I also managed a bit on Lucy Boston (my #LunchHourCrafting and travel project).  I still haven't figured out the neutral yet, so once I finished the center squares area of the first alternate block, I went on to the second one. 

And I got a few inches in on the Sock Yarn Blanket, around 8 inches to go until the next corner (the last corner on round 8).   It's good to be back in the routine again.  (Linking up with SSS.)



5 comments:

  1. The unicorn is gorgeous! My granddaughters would love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun project to add to the mix! The unicorn will delight your grand-daughter! Nice to do a little hand stitching at lunchtime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great projects! My granddaughter would love the unicorn! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, the unicorn is adorable. 'She' is so pretty with the sweetest face.

    ReplyDelete

I am moderating comments due to getting some really nasty spam comments lately. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for stopping by.