Sunday, June 6, 2021

Slow Sunday Stitching - June 6, 2021

There's often a point in the summer where all I want to do is curl up in a recliner and read ALL THE BOOKS.  It usually lasts a couple of weeks and is probably a reflection of how I often spent childhood summers (there were Girl Scout and church camps and swimming lessons and crafts and chores, of course).   But I have very fond memories of lazing about in the porch swing after a trip to library.

This year, it hit both earlier and longer than usual.   In the month of May, I got very little crafting done.  I got the stitching done on the tape case, which I hope to show as a finished object soon.  I did about 10 inches on the sock yarn blanket - not nearly as much as 8 novels and countless fanfiction short to novella length reads would normally have produced.  Yes.  I was reading without my knitting in hand.  Shocking.

I got started on the first of the four alternate blocks for Lucy Boston, though this progress was almost all at Alexis' softball games this week.

love the fussy cutting!

 But all of that is what would normally be a week's worth of crafting! 

This is the first weekend of the month, which means it's time for #BBDweekendSAL. Hopefully this will kick-start my mojo.  I did stitch for several hours yesterday - more than I did in all of May, so there's hope.  "First Offering" is coming along.  I still have mixed feelings on the 40 count Picture this Plus fabric.   I am stitching slower than I do on 32 count, even with magnification.   But as this is only my second project on forty count, I will hopefully improve with practice.  I do like working with one strand of the silk.

On the up side, I have been getting out more now that my family and I are all fully vaccinated.   I went to several end of year activities for the grandkids, the above mentioned softball games, the open house at their gymnastics gym (Alexis does gymnastics, Carl does 'ninja warrior') and church is back to open (though still masked).   Work is still at home through the summer; after Labor Day is the current schedule.   

Linking up with the SSS crew, because accountability is a good thing.  (current roundup)




4 comments:

  1. it is nice to start getting out a little bit isn't it - we do not run around a lot but feel free to go shopping and eat out now that we are fully vaccinated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So wonderful that you are able to resume a life outside the house!
    Enjoy your reading, your outings and your stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, the joy of going to the library and returning with an armload of books....and then finding a comfy sofa, or indeed a porch swing, and just read forever. You are speaking my kinda language. =) I love the fussy cutting on your Lucy Boston block, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely projects! Some days I just feel like reading all day! Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

I am moderating comments due to getting some really nasty spam comments lately. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for stopping by.