Sunday, July 4, 2021

Slow Sundary Stitching - July 4, 2021


Happy Independence Day to those in the US!!  Our freedom was dearly bought.  My family has proudly served in the US military for generations.  Luckily, no Gold Star service (combat fatalities) in recent generations, but here are two of my favorite guys when they were in uniform (my dad and my son).  Walt also served, but not when I knew him, and I only have uniform photos from the KS Highway Patrol.  He was only days out the Marine Corps when I first met him though.
 

 For being from a military / law enforcement family, I have few patriotic needlework pieces.  I will have to see about fixing that.   I have had the reprint of "Sweet Land of Liberty" (by BBD) in and out of my cart at 123Stitch for weeks now.  I am trying so hard not to increase the stash, and that includes purchasing patterns that I won't get to for months or years.  But it's been out of print once before......

Speaking of Blackbird Designs, it's the first weekend of the month, so it's #BBDweekendSAL time!

I have made good progress on "First Offerings" and since I have today and tomorrow slotted to work on this piece, I am hopeful for a finish!  I have actually completed that in progress row since I took this picture yesterday, which just leaves the last star, the bird and branch motif, and initials and date yet to do.   I am liking the 40 count fabric (Picture This Plus in 'Doubloon") now that I've gotten used to it.  Thank goodness for a good magnifier ring light!

I've also started down the last side of round 8 on the sock yarn blanket.

Both of Alexis' games this week were rained out and it's been so busy at work that I haven't had any "out and about" or #LunchHourCrafting time lately.   So no further progress on Lucy Boston this week.  Need to get going on that third alternate block center this week. 

I don't have any holiday plans other than stitching for the rest of the weekend, so I am off to scope out the rest of the SSS crew.  (link to current roundup).


7 comments:

  1. Happy 4th of July, nd Happy stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stitching sounds like a wonderful way to spend your time today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks to all of your family members for their service. I like the piece that you are working on now. You are so close to a finish. I agree that Sweet Land of Liberty is a pretty piece.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Independence Day to you! I love your ABC stitchery - enjoy your stitching time today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a wonderful slow stitching day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely stitching! Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I understand completely how charts seem to find their way in and out of my 123 stitch cart. Lol. I need to send an order sometime soon but have been procrastinating. I love your Blackbird Stitch you are working on.

    ReplyDelete

I am moderating comments due to getting some really nasty spam comments lately. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for stopping by.