Sunday, December 26, 2021

Slow Sunday Stitching - December 26, 2021

 I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday week and weekend.  Mine was rather busy with family and church, but just being off work for a few days has been wonderful!

There's even been some crafting in and around everything else.   Most of it has been at the machine, though I did get TWO of the pathway blocks for "Patchwork of the Crosses" done.  I'm up to 11 of them with number twelve already cut out and ready to start basting.   I'll get to that after I check out the SSS crew (link to current round up). 

I got to the midway point on Side 3 of the first round of the navy border on the Sock Yarn Blanket this week.  Now that it's getting at least marginally like winter occasionally here in Kansas, it's the perfect time of the year to be working on an afghan and have a lap full of warm woolly goodness. 


 I've also set up the fabric and floss for my last 2021 WIPGO project - the KCHSG Measuring Tape Case.   There's minimal embroidery on it.  It's basically going to be the same design as this pin disk from the set, just without the octagon border.   The side strip will have a ribbon felled down, just like the Garden Smalls one, so I'll need to baste out an area for that first.  The back will be a scrap of the lining calico, so that will be easy. But talk about down to the wire!

6 comments:

  1. Your EPP is coming along nicely! Only one more to go? There will be no doubt as to who your measuring tape belongs to with that pretty case!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are making great progress on that knitted border. The pathway blocks look very pretty. I am looking forward to seeing the measuring tape case. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful projects to enjoy! I love that afghan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great projects, love the colors on the afghan! Happy Stitching and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you've had some days off to enjoy your family and the holiday! Your sock yarn blanket looks like a fun and colorful project. Enjoy your stitching today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Patchwork Crosses are fabulous such a unique design and your blanket is so cheerful and pretty. You are certainly staying busy. Happy stitching.

    ReplyDelete

I am moderating comments due to getting some really nasty spam comments lately. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for stopping by.