Tuesday, January 25, 2022

Rotation Changeover - 2022 Rotation #1, Slot 2 (historic) complete

 Ugh, I have what I strongly suspect is COVID.   I've been too wiped out to even go get tested!   If not, it was a very nasty head cold with a lingering cough and stuffy nose.  Price of going to the kid's competitions weekend before last.   It started on Friday afternoon and the weekend was a lost fever blur.

But I was able to finish up the ten hours on Dutch Beauty (and a bit over) even though it was slow going.   I got the little birds done on both sides AND put the edges of the nest area all around.

The above photo shows how much is still to do on the largest motif in the entire sampler.   There's reeds and rushes on both sides and a big area of solid green right above the gold outline, then the nest before I even get to the focal point of the birds.   A solid two pages still to go (one page that only has the border and bottom nest outline completed and two partial pages about a third to half still to fill with cattails and other shore line grasses).  It all fits in the 17 inch q snap, though, 

Here is all laid out:

And where I started this round.  As always on this project, I go "10 hours, shouldn't I have made more progress?" Then I remember that this is so big that it won't even fit on the top of my dining room table without putting in a center leaf or opening the drop leaf.  When my late husband called it "the tablecloth", he wasn't kidding!

The next project in the rotation is the Plaza Sewing Bag.  I left that one ready to start on the right side of the cityscape. Double running and outline stitches headed my way! Here's the start point.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I am moderating comments due to getting some really nasty spam comments lately. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for stopping by.