Sunday, March 6, 2022

#BBDweekwndSAL for March 2022 and Slow Sunday Stitching - March 6, 2022

 My Blackbird Weekend so far has been - black birds LOL  There's another group of two small bird silhouettes further down in the lettering

"Their Song" (Loose Feathers #24) is coming along.   I'm about halfway through the lettering, but there's a large area of a cherry tree with two large birds and floral motifs that takes up the bottom half of the design.   So quite a ways to go on this.

Here's where I began this month's SAL with just a start on the lettering.   This design doesn't have a formal border, which is unusual for a sampler. 

I'm hoping to get the branch of cherries finished before I put it away on Monday, but I won't have a lot of stitching time today since we have my granddaughter's family birthday party later.   I am focusing on the small good things instead of the world stage bad things for my own health and sanity.

Linking up with the SSS crew, (current roundup).

ETA:  Got even further than I had hoped.   Finished both the cherry branch and the next bit of lettering.




7 comments:

  1. I agree…very stressful to watch the news these days. Make yourself a cup of tea or coffee and enjoy your stitching before the birthday party.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a very pretty sampler. You've made a lot of progress. Enjoy your stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes... enjoy your stitching and your family celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy your stitching! I think we all need to do that type of thing for our sanity these days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your sampler is coming along nicely. Have a lovely day and happy stitching.

    ReplyDelete

I am moderating comments due to getting some really nasty spam comments lately. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for stopping by.