Sunday, April 17, 2022

Slow Sunday Stitching - April 17, 2022

Happy Easter to everyone who is celebrating today and Happy Sunday to all ! 

Last week, I promised an update on a couple of projects that have not gotten a lot of press over the last few weeks.

Assembly on the Lucy Boston "Patchwork of the Crosses" table topper continues.  I am ready to finalize the corner layout and get those underway.  Loving the dark background. 

And I passed the very last full sized corner on the Sock Yarn Blanket.   The final round will be Icord that acts rather like quilt binding, wrapping around the edge.  That will have corners, of course, but not anywhere near as complex as the rest of the rounds with their wrap and turn miters. 

all the balls of yarn are used up - down to just the cone
And on the needlework front, the "modern" slot is nearly done with six hours in on a Victoria Sampler "Beyond Cross Stitch" small piece.   This is BCS #4-2 that features Three-sided Eyelet pulled stitch and zigzag hemstitch.  I have all the border and fancy lacy work done.   Just need to continue the double-running and cross stitch inner border around, add a few beads and a brass reindeer charm in the very center and this will be done.  
only about 4 x 4 inches (10 x 10 cm)

Side note on this project - I laced the sides because of the drawn and pulled thread work.   It needs four way tension to do the lacy bits, but I don't like to do these techniques (or any counted thread work for that matter) in a hoop.   So I turn my roller frame into an faux slate frame by lacing the sides.   

I'm feeling quite accomplished so far this month.  Linking up with SSS (current link party).  I'll tackle more double running pine branches after I get back from Easter lunch with the kids.  Should be able to finish this today or tomorrow!

PS:  I haven't gotten the Unicorn canvas repainted (as discussed here) nor will I manage to get to it next weekend - because the quarterly virtual retreat is coming up!  And I really need to get some cheap brushes before I can tackle it.  Painting canvas is hard on brushes because of the heavy texture of the weave.  I'm not going to ruin my good sable brushes on this!


5 comments:

  1. It is great to see your updates on all of these projects. It looks like you are getting close to a couple of finishes. Enjoy your Easter lunch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great group of projects you are working on! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All your projects are coming along great, the sock yarn blanket looks interesting. I hope you have a lovely Easter weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm looking forward to seeing your sock yarn blanket in all its glory!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Patchwork of the Crosses is just beautiful! I love seeing it come together!

    ReplyDelete

I am moderating comments due to getting some really nasty spam comments lately. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for stopping by.