Sunday, October 2, 2022

Slow Sunday Stitching (and October Blackbird Weekend) - October 2, 2022

I am very close to ten hours on the Plaza Sewing Bag.   I should have a changeover post on Monday or Tuesday.   Also very close to a finish on the green shawl - just two more lace repeats, ends finished/woven in and the blocking to go.   

In a way, the BBD weekend is an unwelcome interruption; I get close to a finish and tend to want to just push through to the end.   On the other hand, it's fun to work on something different.   I finished up the entire border on "Beyond My Heart" last month, so I'm starting on the basket of flowers that takes up almost the entire bottom half of the design.   There are eyelets in some of the leaves, and the basket is alternating satin stitch and eyelets.  Specialty stitches are always interesting, if occasionally frustrating. 

ETA Sunday Night (not a lot of stitching time today)


 

Where I am on Sunday morning 

Where I started for comparison

Back to satin stitches as soon as I have taken a look at the Slow Sunday Stitching crew (link to current round up).


4 comments:

  1. Pretty stitches you are adding. Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks lovely, you are coming along well, and every stitch counts of course.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great progress on your cross stitch project. Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete

I am moderating comments due to getting some really nasty spam comments lately. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for stopping by.