Thursday, February 29, 2024

Full Coverage February wrap up and plans

 Well, it's the end of February.   I stitched on my Mead Dragon every day this month.   Some days it was only a few stitches, and some days it was hundreds.  

Statistics:  Total Stitches in project to date  5,501 = 5.82%    Average of 188 per day for this month.  Least was 25, most was 444.

Things I found out:  

  • I really like marking my pattern in the Pattern Keeper app.   I find the tracking of the % completed to be very motivating.
  • Also motivating was taking frequent photos.  Maybe not every day because it is sometimes not very obvious what was completed on a 'light' day. But at least a couple times a month could be interesting.
  • It's a good thing that I'm motivated by the above - because the whole 'dark background' in 310 black, several navy colors and what feels like every dark grey that DMC makes would be quite boring without the stitch tracker in the app.   
  • I like the 'cross country' using the 'typewriter method'.   It takes the angst out of 'what color do I do next', and there's a lot of reference points in already worked stitches.  
  • I don't like the parking method.   Once I got more than two colors parked, the dangling threads drove me nuts and I worked them in right away.   I should have expected this since threads dangling from floss drops or cards or pallets or similar ALSO irritate me no end.
  • I did not get a lot done on my regular rotation projects this month between the Birdhouses SAL and the Full Coverage challenge.  So I'm not even going to try to keep up this month's pace on the Full Coverage piece.

Which brings me to plans.

I think I'll continue to work on my Birdhouses SAL for the first few days of the month, but I think I'll work on it exclusively, so the number of days allocated to it should be slightly less.  I'd like it to be no more than seven.  Once I have that done, I'll work on the regular rotation on Sunday to Thursday and my full coverage piece on Friday and Saturday.  My full coverage goal is 2,000 stitches per month. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am moderating comments due to getting some really nasty spam comments lately. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for stopping by.