Sunday, February 4, 2024

Slow Sunday Stitching - February 4, 2024

Well, it's happening.   I put in my retirement date at work - May 31, 2024!   Between now and then, if I don't post, don't worry - I'm just drowning in paperwork LOL. My "to do" lists are starting to spawn their own lists .......

But in the mean time, it's the first of the month, which means it's time for the Jardin Prive SAL to come out to get it's next section.  Had to frog and re-do the little bit of the cloud that I had started, but it's all corrected now and I've started on the post that supports the next birdhouse.

This February part will have a pair of 'lovebirds' and a heart themed birdhouse.  So much fun.  I'm really enjoying the little spring flowers along the bottom border, so far we have a hyacinth, snow drops and a daffodil; even just a few stitches and you can easily identify what flower they are!

may replace the pink in the left flower with purple

This week I had to attend (virtually) the annual 'state of the company' meeting.  Since I didn't have to have my camera on, I stitched for a while on the Mill Hill "Scotch Pine Santa" ornament.   His trousers are done and I'm working on his plaid coat.  

You can see where I carried the dark red from one section to another.  Normally, I would not do that, but that entire area will be covered in a different shade of red when the sleeve is stitched, so it will not show at all on the finished piece.

But the big stitching news is that I've started on my first 'real' full coverage piece.   I'm participating in Full Coverage February, though I'm having to modify it a bit.   The actual challenge is to stitch on a different full coverage piece every day, following an acrostic "CONFETTI", but I only have one full coverage piece.   And I intend to keep it that way!.   Here's the cover photo of "Mead Dragon" - artwork by Stanley Morrison, charting by Paine Free Crafts.   Working it one over one on 28 count EZ Grid evenweave fabric by Zweigart.

So far, I'm just barely in the upper left corner background.  Lots of navy blues, dark greys and black.  This will be a gift for my 'foster' son, "Biggins".   (While I was never officially his foster mom, I acted like one through his last couple of years of high school.)  Gifts for family are always very dear to me and I love working on them. 

I'll try to post my progress every day in February.  Goal is a minimum of 100 stitches a day for at least 3K in the month.  Here's where I was through Saturday (link to day 3 post).

Linking up with the SSS crew (current roundup).


4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your upcoming retirement! Your Jardin Prive project is looking great! I love those flowers. The dragon looks challenging, but will be amazing when finished!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful projects you are working on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love when your Birdhouse SAL comes out at the beginning of each month. Your new full coverage project looks like a challenging long term project. It will be fun to watch it grow. Gail at the cozy quilter

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure May will come around too fast. But I am so happy for you. Such wonderful stitching.

    ReplyDelete

I am moderating comments due to getting some really nasty spam comments lately. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for stopping by.