Sunday, September 29, 2024

Slow Sunday Stitching - September 29, 2024

 

Look at that, the eagle has his tail feathers.  I actually reached this point at just over five hours on the rotation.   That didn't take as long as I would have thought.  I know I'm always super self critical, but this is not my best work.  The long and short stitches are a bit wonky because they are right up against satin stitches in the same color.  You use the long and short (or the similar stitch named in the instructions as the Pueblo stitch) when the space to be filled is over an inch /2.5cm wide.   These feathers were just around that, but I think they might have looked better with all satin stitch.   At any rate, they are done and I'm not taking them out.   I wouldn't have enough white to redo them; wool yarns aren't really reusable if you frog, especially these fragile vintage wools.

The next step is to put in the veins / quill shaft along each of the long feathers using an outline stitch.  And a few of the breast feathers get a fly stitch outline to create a highlight.

But I decided to set the eagle aside for a few days (until next Tuesday, October 1); once again I'm coming up to the end of the month with a few hundred stitches still to go on the Mead Dragon.  So, I'm working on that again today and tomorrow to see how far I can get.   Look for the month end round up for that project on Monday or Tuesday.  

While scrolling Facebook, I found out that there's a "knit for charity" group that meets at the library (on Saturday afternoon per the 'About' tab).   So, I cast on another LOSY (left over sock yarn) hat and headed over yesterday afternoon.   Only to find out that the meeting day has moved to Thursday morning!   I will try again later this week.  The internet is helpful only if it is up to date 😉


At least the SSS crew is always available.  Link to this week's round up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am moderating comments due to getting some really nasty spam comments lately. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for stopping by.