Monday, August 31, 2026

2026 Rotation #6 Slot #4 (Pictorial) Changeover


 4,980 stitches this month / rotation period.  That brings the total stitches to approximately 25,413 or 73.23%

Here's where I was at the beginning of the month for comparison:
The month was mostly about the left side cloak and the animals it shelters.  That dove was a lot of fun, as was the rabbit.   The area to the left of the wolf's head is down to row 200.  The voided outline of the wolf is a little wonky looking because he is in 3/4 profile.   He'll look much better when his colors are put in, but that will be after I get the right-side cloak down to the same row as the left. 

Like the dove, the wolf is a tall motif. He's about 65 rows high and goes all the way down to the bottom of the piece, so I'll be doing him in two sections.  I'll take that area down to the same spot (a bit beyond row 200 so that I can backstitch the eye and mouth) before I move the fabric up.  BTW, the checkerboard patterns in the cloak that are empty will be filled with goldwork at the end.  

Still loving this pattern, still putting in an average of 150 stitches a day on it first thing in the morning.  Somewhere between 100 and 150 seems to work well for a daily stitch for me.  I get enough progress over a month for it to really show and still have time to work on other projects. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I am moderating comments due to getting some really nasty spam comments lately. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for stopping by.