Wait, halfway through August and school starts this week!!! How did that happen? Got to admit, I don't like it, not ready for school AT ALL.
But at least the crafting has been going well!
From the top. I finished the ten hours on the vintage German needlepoint piece:
The back so you can see what I worked on. I was all over the place - finishing the pump and water trough, doing the big bush in the bottom right corner and the yellow/orange bush by the house, rocks and grass and fences.Where I was last time for comparison:Also, it's mid month, so here is the current status of "Santa of the Forest". I've moved the fabric up again, so you can no longer see the upper part of the piece but look there's 2/3 of a dove and an entire rabbit!
I've also worked on my weekly Blackbird Academy SAL piece and got the third basket almost done - just the rest of the handle left. There's still a leaf under the handle arch and two large floral areas on the right side to finish that motif, but it's coming along.
On the knitting front, I did get back to the colorwork area after re-knitting the first dozen rows of the yoke starting with the joining round. I'll take a picture when the colorwork starts showing up. I finished charting the next Santa paper ornament into Pattern Keeper, but I haven't had an occasion to start stitching on it yet.The other travel project (the LOSY hat) did get a couple of rounds in before choir practice on Thursday. Yes, bells have started up again and I'm not ready for THAT either LOL. Darn it, summer isn't supposed to be over until after Labor Day!





No comments:
Post a Comment
I am moderating comments due to getting some really nasty spam comments lately. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for stopping by.