Sunday, September 20, 2026

Slow Sunday Stitching September 20, 2026 AND AND 2026 Rotation #7 Slot #2 (Historic) Changeover

I have a page finish on "A Quaker Christmas"!  I have stitched 2775 stitches out of 23,406 for last rotation and this one (before and after getting it into Pattern Keeper). That brings me to 11.86%.  I'm still loving the Sulky 12 weight thread over two on the 40-count fabric.

It was totally worth the time I took to chart the pattern into PK.  The second half of Page one with the bird and the oddly alien looking hearts went so much faster than the two corner half medallions.  I think I'll work down the left side to the bottom left corner next.  Now that I'm not working from a paper pattern, I don't have to stick to one page at a time.  There's still a VERY long way to go!  

I put in 1,061 stitches on "Santa of the Forest" this week - all in the wolf's head.  Here's a teaser pic at 81.11% from just after I rolled up the fabric again.

No photo on the knitting, but I did the second round of decreases on the yoke yesterday.  Not too long until it will need to move to a shorter needle.  That's encouraging progress.  No appointments this week, so I haven't made any progress on either of the travel projects.

I'm pulling out the modern piece "Collaboration Bellpull" when I get back from church and will be catching up with the SSS crew over on this week's link up.  See you there.  

6 comments:

  1. My daughter uses pattern keeper for her cross stitch patterns. I often stitch in the car and prefer a paper pattern for that situation. I may need to try it sometime. The wolf looks so realistic. The eyes on the hearts are a bit strange…. Enjoy your stitching this week. Gail at the cozy quilter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was very glad that I put in the time to chart this pattern in. There is an entire area on the top right where there was a serious registration glitch - the pattern overlap looks like it eliminated most of a horizontal line in places. Luckily, the symmetry let me recreate that area pretty easily and I could double check with the cover photo. But having it fixed in my working copy in PK will mean that section won't be an issue later.

      Delete
  2. I have yet to try Pattern Keeper, but I done mind using paper patterns. I love the wolf in "Santa of the Forest". Isn't amazing how quickly the number of stitches adds up for just a small area. Quaker Christmas is pretty also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cross stitching blows me away! Wow! I use Pattern Keeper as well for my grandchildren's ornaments. The various shades in Santa of the Forest add so much depth to the design. Absolutely lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your Santa of the Forest, what i can see of it. Hope that handsome wolf isn't looking for a bunny breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, me too. I'll do a full picture at the end of the month. It's a real production to take it off the side bars and lay it out flat, so I'm not doing that for any of the 'mid rotation' pictures.

      Delete

I am moderating comments due to getting some really nasty spam comments lately. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for stopping by.