Monday, January 1, 2018

Quilt WiP: "On Ringo Lake" - Clue 9 and the Reveal

And the big reveal for "On Ringo Lake" has happened.   There's sashing and a chunky border of aqua, and like I suspected, the setting is 'on point'.   The interesting thing is that the border includes the leftover Clue #4 units and the sashing is the Clue #3 chevron units, but they are joined end to end!  All the piecing in the sashing gives the illusion of a secondary block.  

I really like this quilt, and I'm not sorry I participated, but I am SO behind on it.   So another potential UFO has joined the pile.   I promised myself that I wouldn't do that, but got swept up in the excitement.   I am a slow quilter.   I just have to admit that I don't have the time, space or money to churn out quilts the way some folks do.   I will try to keep chipping away at this so that it doesn't devolve into a UFO.

I think that next year I will follow the plan that I had for this year, which is to collect the clues and follow all the excitement, but not start until a slot for a 'new' quilt comes up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am moderating comments due to getting some really nasty spam comments lately. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for stopping by.