Sunday, June 10, 2018

Slow Sunday Stitching - June 10, 2018

Sorry about missing the link up last week; I was sick - just a stomach bug, but enough that I pretty much just lazed around sleeping most of the day.  Because of that and the busy part of the month at work, there's less crafting than you would think for being two weeks to report. 

I did finish the English Paper Piecing section of "It was the 80s".   I needed it to be 6 x 18 inches finished.   Six inches is just at the tips of the top and bottom hexagons, and 18 inches is about a half inch on each side of the vertical end hexi.  I will cut it down when I assemble everything in case I need to 'fudge' a bit.  


The next handwork on that quilt will be to do the applique part of the Honeybee block.   Right now, it's a floating 9 patch.
On the shawl knitting, I'm beginning round 10 of the border.  This is almost the top of the first of the filler motifs and you can start to see the diamond border a bit more clearly.   Each horizontal row of diamonds has a different filler motif.   The first and last filler are in half diamonds, so they are much smaller and less complex than the fillers for the full diamonds.   The first full diamond will take me past the top of Chart 1 (of 3).  Picture next week after this first motif is finished.

And I have a good start on the new needlework piece.  The top band of hardanger is the largest band in the sampler and probably one of the more time consuming ones.   This afternoon, I will be cutting for the openwork!  Cutwork is not very scary after you've done it for a few times, but there's always the chance of something going wrong.

So that's it for me this week.  Next weekend will not be productive; I will be at a church retreat all day Saturday, but hopefully the weekdays will be OK for crafting. Speaking of productive, the folks over at the Slow Sunday linkup at Kathy's blog are putting me to shame. Stop by and see what they have done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am moderating comments due to getting some really nasty spam comments lately. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for stopping by.