Sunday, November 4, 2018

Slow Sunday Stitching - Nov 4, 2018

Well, there's been a little crafting around here this week. 

The socks are at their toes
I am actually a bit further than this photo taken at my desk over lunch on Friday.   I have the decreases on one sock finished and it's ready to graft the toe together.   I'm working on the decreases on the second sock today.

I'm collecting the instructions for Bateau Bayeux.  I really don't want to start a major project in the middle of the move.   But I do want to do some stitching, so I think that Millennium will be coming out to play this week.   My rotation is in shambles, so for the rest of the year, whatever happens is fine.  

Speaking of the house front, the plumbing ends up being more complicated than just capping the one bath and turning on the water.   All of the shut offs need to be replaced in both the kitchen and first floor bath.   And plumbers are EXPENSIVE. 

Block 11 of 30
But look what's back active!  Now that the socks are down to the toes (which need concentration), I did get out a block of the Aunt Lottie's Garden hand applique to carry around as my 'portable' project.

Linking up with Kathy's blog and wishing I had more to report.   

6 comments:

  1. Funny how a few minutes here and a few minutes there add up to a finished project. Nice socks! You will soon be wearing them

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I 'rode' in the carpool last week, so lots of knitting time! I love it when I'm not driving. And with the time change, I'll be able to knit in the morning for a few weeks on my 'ride' weeks. I'm hoping to graft the toes later this week and show them off next Sunday!

      Delete
  2. Your socks look very cosy and hexies are a great portable project!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are wool blend yarn (wool and nylon) and should be good sturdy socks. This yarn is from about 2005 or so. I love this manufacturer; just wish their yarn was available locally.

      Delete
  3. Those socks look great. I like that two-tone yarn. That looks like a pattern that I would like to wear. I like the hexie project too. Good luck with the plumbing issues.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks on all fronts! This is a great pattern - not the usual ribbing, but stretchy. I like rib patterns of all types for handknit socks.

      Delete

I am moderating comments due to getting some really nasty spam comments lately. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for stopping by.