Sunday, November 11, 2018

Slow Sunday Stitching - November 11, 2018

First of all, today is Veteran's Day/Remembrance Day.  I am thankful for the service of all of the military people who are or were my family and friends.   My son, JC.  My husband, Walt.  My father, Carl.  My father in law, Jim.  My uncle, Jean.  My cousin, Russ.  My friends - Mike A, John.  My former daughter in law, Shell.  My pastor, George.  My son's buddies - Mike, Steve and so many others.  Thank you all for your sacrifices.

On to the weekly round up.  Lots of crafting this week.  I rode in the carpool this week, which gives me two extra crafting hours on hand work each day!

So I finished my socks:
Refashioned a scarf that had acquired a tear:
Into a cowl:
Finished another quilt block for "Aunt Lottie's Garden":
Number 12 of 30
And at home in the evening, I put in about two hours on Millennium:
where I started
where I am now
I'm making decent progress on filling in the under-robe on the right angel.  Next I can tackle the lower wings and the little bits of column that are down at the base of the torch poles on both sides.

Linking up with the Slow Sunday Stitching crew. There are a lot of really beautiful finishes so far this week!

10 comments:

  1. Wow a great fix changing the scarf into a cowl. Your socks look so cozy warm! It's been a few years since I have knitted maybe it's time to knit a couple of pairs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was lucky that the torn snagged place was nearer one end so that the undamaged length was long enough.

      I love my hand knit socks. My office thermostat is set on "Artic" most of the time, so I wear wool socks year round.

      Delete
  2. I love your socks. I am not an experienced knitter and have not learned to do socks but have been lucky enough to have been given some hand knit socks and they are the favorites - so comfortable and warm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I learned how to knit socks by doing worsted weight 'slipper' socks. Not having to cope with the complicated parts on tiny needles really helps!

      And I often gift socks to family and friends. They really ARE more comfortable than store bought socks in my opinion.

      Delete
  3. You are making great progress. It's amazing how adding some contrast colour adds great definition!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shadows and highlights make all the difference, don't they? That's one thing I really like about this designer (Teresa Wentzler). Her patterns use a ton of colors and blends, but have this incredible painter like depth.

      Delete
  4. You've been very busy with lots of great projects! Love the repurposing of the scarf into a cowl! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I will actually wear it this way. It also met a challenge on one of my Ravelry boards to "upcycle, refashion or embellish an old project"! Win/win.

      Delete
  5. So much progress on so many projects... thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! Getting those extra hours of crafting time every few weeks really helps LOL.

      Delete

I am moderating comments due to getting some really nasty spam comments lately. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for stopping by.